ABOUT THE MUSEUM
The University of Tasmania School of Mathematics and Physics runs a museum at its Mt. Pleasant Radio Telescope Observatory just off Richmond Road, Cambridge (turn off at the Meadowbank Winery). View Google Map
The radio observatory has been operating for more than 20 years, with its distinctive 26m diameter radio "dish". Sharing this beautiful spot overlooking the Coal River Valley is a museum that showcases the life and work of Tasmanian radio astronomer, Grote Reber. The museum also showcases the radio telescopes and radio astronomy work of the University of Tasmania.
WHAT'S ON MORE EVENTS >
Spacecraft Design Competition
- K-3 Winner: Daniel M., Mt Nelson Primary
- K-3 Second Place: Bailee P., Sacred Heart College
- 4-6 Winner: Ruben P., Albuera Street Primary
- 4-6 Second Place: Milly W., Fahan School
- 7-10 Winner: Byron S., The Friends School
Check out the Gallery of shortlisted entries.